PETE HARSH – AKA MR. TILLER
Pete started guiding part time 37 years ago way back in1981. Since then he has guided throughout Minnesota and the last six years exclusively with Mitchell’s Guide Service here at Devils Lake, North Dakota. Aside from his guiding, Harsh is also well known in the walleye tournament world as a fierce veteran competitor of the FLW, RCL and PWT walleye tournament wars. Pete entered his first local walleye tournament in 1984. Bitten by the tournament bug, Harsh quickly became one of the more competitive tournament anglers in walleye fishing. Listed here are just some of the titles, tournaments and awards MR.TILLER has won in his competitive fishing career.
- FLW Walleye Tour “Angler of the Year”
- FLW Walleye Tour Devils Lake Champion
- PWT North East Pro / Am Champion
- PWT Michigan Super Pro Champion
- PWT Central Pro / Am Champion
- PWT Midwest Pro / Am Champion
- Minnesota State Walleye Champion
- Ranger Cup “Angler of the Year”
- PWT “Rookie of the Year”
- USFA Lake Mille Lacs Walleye Champion
- MI. Wal-Mart Walleye Classic Champion
- 13 Time Walleye Tournament Winner
- PWT “Who’s Who of Walleye Fishing” Voted # 1. (Tie)
- PWT “Big Fish Award” Record Holder for the most Big Fish Awards
- PWT 2- Time “Cool Under Pressure” Award Winner
- PWT “Heavy Weight Award” Award Winner
- One of the Top 3 All-time RCL, FLW and PWT Money Winners at retirement in 2012.
- Full-Time Fishing Guide at Devils, Lake North Dakota
- Guiding since 1981. ( 37 years )
Retired now from competitive walleye tournament fishing, Harsh says he really enjoys his role as a fishing coach, teacher or mentor to his guided clients. Guiding full time as an open water MGS fishing guide, sharing his vast wealth of knowledge and experience with his daily customers continues to be a passion with MR.TILLER. Each day before going out Harsh likes to inform his clients of the 4 things and the priority they can expect to experience them in his boat.
- To be safe and observe the laws.
- To have fun, fishing is entertaining and he promises to work hard making your day enjoyable, fun and memorable.
- Harsh stresses that the knowledge you will gain in a day of fishing will be more valuable long term than the fish caught. Pete’s lifetime of knowledge spent fishing walleyes will be openly shared with you.
- His clients will catch fish and on most days they will catch a lot of fish and nice fish. In fact, Harsh is well known for the premium quality catches his clients bring in day after day. Conservation of the resource is practiced and most larger fish are released, but by days end there will be plenty of fish in the livewell and stories to tell at your fish fry’s back home.
Much like an aging NFL player turning his skills, experience and knowledge gained towards coaching, Harsh has turned his competitive talents to serving full-time as a guide, coach and mentor to his clients. Pete will tell you that working hard to help others see the true potential of fishing as a positive form of recreation is the most valuable and enjoyable gift a fishing guide can impart to others. Even after all these years, Pete’s own enthusiasm towards each new day of fishing is contagious. As one of the most requested MGS guides, his open dates do fill up quickly. So if you want to experience a day on the water with MR.TILLER this summer, now would be a good time to request him. Pete will work hard to see that you are not dissapointed. We at MGS are proud to have such an experienced, veteran guide as Pete Harsh to offer you! Harsh, as with the rest of the MGS guides can be booked at 320-267-7193 ext. 1.